Sunday, April 26, 2009

This just in...

truth   [trooth]
–noun, plural truths  [troothz, trooths]
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.

A good movie really makes you think. Having just seen a good movie like that I have some thoughts. While there's plenty to be said about negative media and sensationalism, what I'm thinking right now is how grateful I am for good journalists. For people with integrity who fight for truth. For all the people in this world who have strong hearts and try to make good choices. There are less and less people these days who try to really learn from their mistakes, reach higher and do better it seems rather than the popular approach of "No regrets, it's my life, I'll do what I want". Honor the people in your life who think of others! 
Most importantly I'm grateful for the principles that govern my life, that I have come to know as truth. In the world today it seems that deception is a common theme amongst those trying to get what they want. More and more deceit deteriorates trust and love between us. It's not just the gimmicks put out by advertisements, but it's societies tendency to embrace the art of a lie as long as it serves a selfish purpose. With such a busy, complex, and ever changing modern world I feel grateful for what I hold to be absolute truth, and for the peace and guidance that knowledge brings to my life. Hopefully some of that made sense, all I'm really trying to say is seek after and celebrate truth.

p.s. Go see State of Play

No comments: