Tuesday, January 13, 2009

C'est la Vie


I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

Seems to me no matter how great you are, how perfect your behavior, and responsible your actions bad luck happens. Bad things happen to good people and its just life. Rain drops fall on your head and there is just not a lot you can do about it. The one quite handy thing you can do is just decide to be happy about it. Just be pleasant. I find it's not only more comfortable for those around me but it's more enjoyable for me! There is just so much to find joy in, it's regrettable that we even find room for sorrow to creep in. I just know when I smile it makes my heart feel better, even if it's mostly a fake smile. Fake it til you make it!!!!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. "
-Harvey(1950)

No comments: