Friday, January 2, 2009

Go Confidently

New Year, New Changes

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.

-I want to start living the life I've imagine. this means allowing myself to breathe. Less stress. More simple living. More dedication to the simple principals of a balanced life.

Cultivate the habit of early rising. It is unwise to keep the head long on a level with the feet.

- I have come to learn through many late night parties, all night cram sessions, and cookie dough eating chats with my roommates into the wee hours of the night that sleep is not crucial it's essential. Vital to my body, mind, and spirit. How can I expect to be productive, happy, and positive if I'm burning myself out with late nights and groggy mornings. It's just not effective.

Every man is the builder of a temple called his body.

- I haven't been treating my body like a temple and this must change. Everyone on the planet puts diet and exercise down on their new years resolution lists, so it's high time I get my rear into gear. Getting in shape is more than just feeling healthier and being more comfortable in my clothes, taking care of this beautiful body God has given me is how I can show him gratitude for the gift of a healthy body. My body is a temple not a 24/7 chocolate vacuum.


If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

- Lastly, but certainly not least my spiritual growth. I want to build a life of loving others and lightening their loads. I want my time spent doing good not just doing. This is a work in progress, but there is no better time than now to start doing better and doing more. I want to start being the woman I want to be.

( A big thanks to Henry David Thoreau for his sound advice)

1 comment:

Dev & Di said...

I made some of my own... Similar to yours! I love starting new and continually making ourselves better!