Sunday, May 8, 2011

such seems your beauty still


dear mother.

thank you for being wonderful

for listening to me
for planting seeds in my character and letting me grow
for taking me to disneyland
and telling me the story of little women

thank you for cheering me on
for holding my hand
for teaching me how to put on mascara and take care of my skin

thank you for holding me up
for scratching my back while I cried over boys
for making me get my ears pierced when I was 18 even though I was scared of the piercing part
and reminding me "not to force anything" when my stubborn determination got the best of me

thank you for taking me to ballet lessons and for going back to school
even though I had to ask the older girls to help me with my bun because your were at class sometimes, you taught me to love to learn
thank you for believing in me

thank you for teaching me to honor tradition and create my own
for helping me remember things always look better in the morning
for being a part of who I am

most of all thank you for loving me more than yourself

your loving daughter
-kaitlyn

p.s.
 "Whatever happens, I'll love you just as I do now until I die."
- Melanie Hamilton
Gone With The Wind

No comments: